Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Week 14- Revised Deck














When I revised my cards, I took in consideration the advice given to me in the group critique. Rather than struggle with that dark I decided to get rid of it completely and have all cards be black which, as suggested, helped with keeping the consistency of the cards with variance being the suits and the face cards being in different positions. I also decided to redesign one of my suits as was told it did not make as much sense when it came to my theme and the design itself was hard to read so I replaced it with an image butterfly as it would be more recognizable. I also designed the back of the card, and took in suggestion to use darker hues, so I used a dark saturated violet that would not only be a dark hue but still stood out from the black background of the front cards, When it came to the design itself, I tried to use brush strokes that I used in the illustrations so that it would keep a consistent style.  

No comments:

Post a Comment