Sunday, April 30, 2017

Special Edition- Art Institute

Of the artworks viewed, I find that this piece titled Ballet Dancers by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec was my least favorite. For me, with the the blue hues being similar in saturation and value it made it hard to tell the concept was at first.  It took a few, longer glances to tell what was being shown as at first I did not even notice the dancer in the back of the painting, nor was I able to tell that it was a hand in the foreground.  Although I did find it interesting that the dancer were placed in way that draws the eye from the top corner to the bottom.

Meekness (Douceur or Mansuétude) by Eustache Le Sueur was among favorites. Though the yellow hue is a prominent color in the painting, it draws the viewers eye to the pink at the center, I find that interesting as it lets you know that that is what you should first focus on as the background fades away, Next, when I look at the painting, I notice the lamb next as the white hues does not contrast as well with the yellow as the pink does. 




No comments:

Post a Comment